Sunday 30 September 2012

My First Love


Can’t bring myself to hate you,
No matter how I’ve tried.
Regardless of all the pain,
And all the times I’ve cried.

I’d say you were the one,
If I believed it to be true.
But that’s exactly what you are,
Depending on your point of view.

The one who really knew me,
The one who stole my heart.
The one to build my confidence,
And then tear it all apart.

Left my self-esteem lower,
Than it was before.
Cheated and you lied,
Then you walked right out the door.

My heart was taken and shattered,
You put it to the test.
Forged the pieces into a dagger,
Then stabbed me in the chest.

Mind-games are your specialty,
Breaking hearts is just for fun.
And yet I don’t dislike you,
Even with all you’ve done.

I took some time away from you,
To recover from what took place.
And just as I began to heal,
You chose to show your face.

Some time later and here I am,
Exactly where I started.
Not a step forward has been made,
Since the day we parted.

I’ll move on and I’ll progress,
That’s what people say.
And every night I go to sleep,
I hope to see that day.

Though some feelings will remain,
That we can be sure of.
As that always happens.
With someone and their first love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.